4.10.2009

Bee U T

"Let thy kitchen be thy apothecary." --Hippocrates

AND your spa, I might add. A hot date tonight (OK, Thai restaurant and amusement park in Flower Mound, but still) and company for easter dinner compel me to have somewhat of a beauty day. Do this after a hard workout and before a healthy lunch. First I slather my poor, sad, stretchmark-ridden one-pack with cononut oil BEFORE the shower. In the steamshower, I wash my hair then rinse it with white wine vinegar and water. It makes the shower smell like puke but it's good for the hair. After slathering on conditioner, I shave, pumice, and pouf clean. After rinsing out conditioner with cold water, I pour beer on the hair. Then I pour Dr. Pepper on the thighs and rub the dimples. Caffeine is supposed to help skin with the cellulite--it seems to help or maybe it is the massage. No rinsing at this point. Out of the shower I use more coconut oil and then olive oil on my cuticles (toes and fingers) and lips-then I rub the lips with a dry washcloth. I add essential oil to the hair, like orange, ylang ylang or patchouli.
I saw the harpist that accompanies the singing trio, The Priests, and she had bright, short nails. I thought, "I can do that." Some of you know how harpists' hands make pretty music but long nails will never be in the cards for us.
After the robe, comes ear cleaning (I love earcandling but didn't have candles today), tooth brushing, flossing, and snorting some saline water. Becky, I tried the homemade pore cleaner and I need a tutorial--mine was grainy-- but once I get it right, I will add that to my toilette. Then I finish with a mask of avocado, yogurt, molasses, honey and orange juice.

I can't get much cleaner than this. Taking a pic au natural is daunting but I think I'll be glad I did when more age spots and wrinkles begin to. . .well, begin. Good for 39, yes?


4 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Did you try the orly stuff? ...and like it? Your nails look great!

That beauty routine sounds fun, but like a lot to remember myself. Do you charge?

Heather said...

I do like the orly stuff--hopefully it'll keep the paint from chipping. Red's hard to do. I do charge but since you have great skin and no cellulite, it'll be cheaper:) Now, what were you going to say in your first comment,hmm? Self-editing again?:)

Channin said...

You are a NUT Heather! Maybe I need to try the hair thing. Our grandmother Campbell use to wash mine and Chauncey's hair with vinegar and I hated it for just what you said, the awful smell! :S

statcounter