4.19.2009

Yes Man Convert

My favorite movie at the moment is "Yes Man." Hil-air-eee-us. If you can get past some language, the theme of the movie is spot on. So now, my religious label is as follows: Progressive LDS with overtones of Celtic neo-paganism/middle path Buddhism with flourishes of Yes Man. If you rent the video, watch after the closing credits to see the happy couple "roller blade." I've got to figure out where I can do that. Plus, who doesn't like Zooey Deschanel---ever since she was the guitar playing music teacher in Bridge to Terabithia, she had me. In this movie, she sings in an experimental theatre band called Munchhausen by Proxy. What did I tell you, hilarious.



Memorable quotes:


The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.

We knew another Carl that we weren't fond of, now did we, Tweed...?
...his name was "Marx."


Don't call me past 11 PM, it won't happen again. You can call me at 10:59 but don't call me at 11 because that's my rule now.

You called me Norm!
Ya.
Could that like be my nickname?
Ya, I guess.
Ah nice, I like your style, Car. That could be yours.
Ya, Carl's pretty short already but...

1 comment:

Amy Pennington said...

I just saw that movie last week and by far one my all time favs as well!!! Loved the positive theme!

statcounter