4.02.2009

Flight Magazines




International Flights have cool magazines. Here is some of the stuff I read about:


1. http://www.ideahomeshow.co.uk/ "London's vast annual homage to the places we live in." 20 March-13 April. Quickfact: How many hours per week did a British housewife spend on household tasks in 1957? 70
2. Suggested novels: The Boat by Nam Le (2008) A collection of stories that criss-crosses the globe. Solo by Rana Dasgupta (2009) Set in Sofia, a blind man muses on a magazine article he read before losing his sight as he nears his 100th birthday.


3. "I want all the cultures of all lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any." --Mahatma Gandhi


4. Fashion designer Vivienne Tam ( I must have her red chiffon maxi dress with cool sleeves) has teamed up with Hewlett-Packard to create the world's first "digital clutch." (What is that? It sounds exciting.)


5. Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume. Wild strawberries, jasmine, violet, white wood extracts. I lub him.


6. Tokyo's man-made island, Odaiba. Monorails, sky ferris wheel, Venus fort. You get there by a tear-shaped water bus that was designed by a comic-book artist. How cool is this? Humans are cool.


7. http://www.soniarykiel.com/ The violet silk tube dress.




1 comment:

Becky said...

I love that dress! I have some new shoes that would go nicely, too.

statcounter