4.21.2009

Marlboro Man's Chicken Spaghetti


Blog Recipe Review: from Pioneer Woman. At first I thought "ho hum ingredients, so why the rave reviews from her readers?"
Ingredients:
2 C cooked chicken
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 C grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 C finely diced green pepper
1/2 C finely diced onion
1 4oz jar drained pimientos
3 C dry spaghetti, broken in 2" pieces
2 C reserved chicken broth from pot
1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt&Pepper to taste
1 additional C grated sharp cheddar


Cook chicken with bone and pick off meat. Cook spaghetti in reserved broth till al dente. Do not overcook. Combine spaghetti with remaining ingreds except add'l cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top w/ remaining cheese. Cover and freeze up to 6 months, cover and refridgerate up to 2 days, or bake immediately 350 degrees F for 45 min. till bubbly. Lay foil on top if cheese begins to brown.



I thought, "Still pretty ho hum, and I made too much (as usual)."
Then as Cyler ate it, he said that I should tell him to stop or he would eat the whole thing. (note to self-this is comfort food) Mind you, I know this is not gourmet with cheese and cream of mushroom soup but it is busy family fare and the pimiento and cayenne give it a little suprise kick.




Ratings:*** (3 out of 5)
Good weeknight dish because it's quick to put together. Creamy and filling. Boys liked it. I liked how Ree added freezing info since I underutilize my freezing capabilities. I just recently learned you could freeze bacon and pepperoni.

No comments:

statcounter