4.21.2009

A Guide to Compartments

I like the feminine imagery of pre-Christian celts who divided a woman's life into 3 cycles/phases: Maiden, Mother and Crone. Mine are respectively named DiaGreen (personal, individual), MamaConfetti (nurturing life, raising children, home management) and Hag (social critique, stirring the pot, wild-haired voice for change), each with its own emphasis. Harpy is self-evident, as is IrishDance. My reading room is named Absinthe Chatter, FeedMe is my recipe file and reviews of recipes I've tried, Religiosa is my exploration of religious praxis/theo(a)logy/sociology of religion, and GlobeSchool charts my foray into the world of traveling with, and building curricula for my homeschooler.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I miss our talks. You always enlightened me w/the way you see things. As you know, we come from different backgrounds. Yet, you never said "I know how you feel", instead you would say "I don't know how you feel." I always appreciated this in you. Your honesty. For this, I thank you Heather. I am sorry for not having said this when we knew each other. Regardless, I still miss those "chats". You were always good at helping me see a different point of view. :) LOL. I find myself proof reading and doing a poor editing job on my post!! LOL In the end, I'm sure you know what I mean and will not judge my grammarical short comings :)

statcounter