4.09.2009

Surfing for visas/Retrace where I hanged ten




Sometimes it's fun to surf the internet, but today I got swept away by the Molokai Express! Today I had to research getting visas for my family for entry into Ghana in a couple of months. Then I got distracted. Here's where I went.






1. Looked at taking Soren to Morrocco (you know, Marrakesh, Fes, and Tangier) after Ghana for our last trip. (waa waa waa) And found this info. You know when you're approaching middle age when this sounds a bit exciting. Of course I am joking since you all know I am know a born-again prude after being propositioned by the Thai massage "therapist.":


While you're there
Women travellers
Women can expect a certain level of sexual harassment when travelling in Morocco. It comes in the form of nonstop greetings, leering and other unwanted attention, but it is rarely dangerous. It is best to avoid overreacting and to ignore this attention. In the case where a would-be suitor is particularly persistent, threatening to go to the police or the brigade touristique is amazingly effective. Women will save themselves a great deal of grief by avoiding eye contact, dressing modestly and refraining from walking around alone at night.





2. Encouraged by my initial findings about Morrocco, I stumbled on a blog that I love.




3. Then I thought about how I really want to follow horse racing this season at our local Lonestar Park. Lots of date nights there I am hoping. When all the horses pass by me, it "blows my hair back," as my long-haired brother-in-law, Creighton, would say. I remember when he got really mad at me for touching his wet hair. See, it gets frizzy. . .
4. So I looked at hairstyles, making sure that the one I just got is really the best one (for now). I went to GreatClips.

4. Then I thought about how I could not pronounce Sri Lanka's capital today. Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte. Had to look that up. Couldn't find it--can you help?


I did not end up printing out the visa app. Do I have ADD?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So, I was introduced to your blog by Katy Dill...but kept reading when I found out you have a daughter in Irish Dance. I, too, have a daughter in Irish Dance and I believe the beauty of the sport unites as it truly takes a family to keep an Irish dancer supported. I love to hear about everything involved in Irish Dance and am SO excited for my daughter to advance to where she will begin to step dance!!

Heather said...

Good for you and welcome! I hope mine keeps it up. I love Celtic culture and history. Have you gotten a school dress yet? Ellery is looking forward to hers. When my spouse saw other girls in theirs, he said, "We have to get one for her for Christmas." So, we'll see. Look at the Irish Dance blog on my bloglist--They are hardcore!

statcounter